We are looking for an Accounts Assistant to report in to our Accountant and work closely with our Senior Accountant and Joint Managing Director.
Based in Hammersmith, the Accounts Assistant will work in a small, busy team supporting the operation of the company’s accounting function. The Accounts Assistant will process the daily accounting transactions for the company and be responsible for filing and keeping good order of the department’s financial records and documents. S/he will assist the Accountant to whom s/he reports, with all aspects of the day to day transaction processing of the department, including purchase ledger, currency and sterling bank accounts, purchase ledger and staff expenses.
The role will suit an ambitious individual and the successful applicant will need to:
- Have a good understanding of double entry accounting, ideally with AAT qualification or in early stages of ACCA/CIMA, looking for an opportunity to develop good all-round experience.
- Be focussed, well-organised and methodical but flexible, efficient, and able to problem-solve.
- Be able to prioritise his/her own work in order to meet regular tight deadlines, and be able to work on his/her own initiative.
- Possess strong numerical ability and attention to detail, good communication skills and maintain high and accurate standards of presentation.
- Be a fast learner and have an ability to absorb information and processes quickly.
- Be personable and confident when occasionally dealing with external clients and suppliers, and staff at all levels of HarrisonParrott.
- Have a keen sense of teamwork, and have a bright and confident manner.
Computer literacy is essential as is a sound knowledge of double entry book-keeping and proficiency in account reconciliations and using Excel. Knowledge of SUN Account and Word would be beneficial.
Whilst not essential, an interest in the performing arts would be desirable.
Salary: Circa £24,000-27,000 depending on experience. Please download the full job description for further details.
Completed applications including CV and a covering letter explaining your interest in the role and how your skills and experience meet the requirements of the role together with a completed application form and equal opportunities monitoring form to be e-mailed to Nina Hammarberg, HR and Administration Manager (email@example.com) and must be received by 9am on Friday 5 June.
First interviews will be held in London over the days 11-12 June. An initial telephone interview may be possible if you are currently living outside the UK.
Executive Assistant to Executive Vice-Chairman
We are looking for an Executive Assistant to report to our Executive Vice-Chairman and work closely with her team, the Executive Assistant of the Executive Chairman & Head of Tours and Projects and the Personal Assistants of Joint Managing Directors.
The job purpose is to support the Executive Vice-Chairman and her immediate team to have effective and pro-active administrative support including business trip and travel arrangements, communication and correspondence, diary management and information management. It requires effective and efficient administration and support in the management of a number of artists on the Executive Vice-Chairman’s roster. The role also requires effective communication with relevant Assistants working for the offices of the Executive Chairman & Head of Tours and Projects, and Joint Managing Directors in planning senior executive meetings and business agendas.
The successful applicant will need to:
- Have at least eighteen months experience in a relevant and related area of the classical music business with direct experience including scheduling and organising travel arrangements
- Demonstrate that you have excellent organisational skills, with the ability to manage and prioritise a large number of varied tasks with multiple deadlines
- Be quick, efficient and able to work under pressure
- Possess excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Possess strong attention to detail
- Demonstrate that you are a good and willing team player
- Have a good knowledge of and active interest in classical music, preferably with a music degree
- Have excellent IT skills including a high level of proficiency in Microsoft Outlook
It would also be an advantage if you have a good working knowledge of at least one additional European language
Salary: Circa £25,000-30,000 depending on experience. Please download the full job description for further details.
Completed applications including CV and a covering letter explaining your interest in the role and how your skills and experience meet the requirements of the role together with a completed application form and equal opportunities monitoring form to be e-mailed to Nina Hammarberg, HR and Administration Manager (firstname.lastname@example.org) and must be received by 12.30pm on Friday 5 June.
First interviews will be held in London over the days 10-11 June. An initial telephone interview may be possible if you are currently living outside the UK.
From time to time, HarrisonParrott offers work experience placements within one of the world’s foremost classical artist and project management agencies, lasting typically 2 weeks to 3 months, giving experience across a number of our busy departments including Artist Management, Tours & Projects, Marketing and Business & Administration. Whilst we do not have any current openings, we are happy to keep applications on file.
When available placements arise, these are offered to enthusiastic candidates who already have a demonstrable knowledge of and passion for classical music and the arts, who are keen to take the first steps towards a career in arts management and who ideally already have some work experience in an office environment.
The placement will give the successful candidate the opportunity to gain insight and experience within a dynamic arts environment, to learn about the arts business from our highly experienced staff, and to build contacts in the arts world.
HarrisonParrott work placements are paid at national minimum wage rates. Contact: Nina Hammarberg at email@example.com