Corporate and Brand Partnerships Manager
HarrisonParrott is an award-winning Artist & Project Management Agency and one of the world’s top classical music agencies.
We are looking for a Corporate and Brand Partnerships Manager to join our busy Development & Sponsorship department.
Reporting to the Head of Development & Sponsorship, Deputy Head of Projects and working closely with Projects and Tours Sales and Tour Managers, Senior Artist Managers, Marketing Manager as well as Head of Development and Special Projects, Asia-Pacific, the Corporate and Brand Partnerships Manager will:
- In conjunction with the Head of Development and Sponsorship, help identify projects and tours that are suitable for sponsorship and contribute to assessments of the viability of new projects/tours that may require a sponsorship element.
- Research potential sponsors for specific projects and tours, including identifying key decision-makers and influencers in target companies.
- Negotiate all appropriate sponsorship rights, including branding, hospitality and other rights, from concert promoters, venues, artists and ensembles, for inclusion in sponsorship packages.
- Develop and prepare compelling sponsorship pitches to companies and/or private individuals, in close collaboration with the Marketing and PR team.
- Secure meetings with decision-makers, pitch companies and negotiate sponsorship deals, with support from the Head of Development and Sponsorship where appropriate.
- Work with the relevant Sales and Tour Managers to ensure the successful delivery of all sponsorship benefits within budget.
- Manage sponsorship-related budget lines for tours and projects (income and expenditure), in close collaboration with Tour Managers.
- Draft post-tour / project reports for corporate sponsors or private individuals as necessary.
- Help identify artists and artist-led projects that offer potential for partnerships with commercial brands, including via brand ambassadorships / endorsements / sponsorship deals
- Develop commercial propositions for HP artists by building synergies between them and select brands, translating the value of our artists in way that corresponds to the brands’ own marketing and commercial objectives.
- Work closely with artist managers to ensure all sponsorship / brand partnership deliverables are met, and manage the accounts with the brands.
- Identify key trends in the advertising and PR industry, specifically in relation to the use of cultural brand ambassadors, and keep abreast of new opportunities and developments in the brand partnerships market.
Key experience / background
- Educated to degree-level
- At least four years’ experience in a relevant area, either in corporate fundraising or brand partnerships
- Proven track record of securing significant corporate sponsorship deals (5 to 6-figure) and / or brand partnerships
- Experience of seeing sponsorship deals / brand partnerships through the whole cycle, from research and acquisition through to delivery and follow-up
Key competencies and attributes
- Dynamic, self-motivated, ambitious and hardworking
- Creative and able to think laterally
- Strong capability to develop relationships at gate keeper through to senior management / board level
- Exceptional research skills and the ability to sift through materials to identify the most relevant factors
- Excellent organisational skills, with the ability to manage and prioritise a large number of varied tasks with multiple deadlines
- Open mind-set with a willingness to learn new skills and methodologies
- Capable of performing well under pressure
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral (native-level English essential)
- Attention to detail, in particular with reference to the preparation of pitch materials
- Good and willing team player, with experience working across cultures
- Excellent IT skills including a high level of proficiency in Microsoft Outlook
- Reasonable knowledge of and active interest in classical music
- Fluency in another major language would be an asset
Salary: £30,000 with more for an exceptionally well qualified candidate. Please download the full job description for further details.
Completed applications including CV and a covering letter outlining your interest in and suitability for the role together with application form and equal opportunities monitoring form to be emailed to Nina Hammarberg, HR and Administration Manager (email@example.com) and must be received by 12.30pm on Friday 8 May 2015.
First interviews will be held in London during the week of 11 May. An initial telephone interview may be possible if you are currently living outside the UK.
From time to time, HarrisonParrott offers work experience placements within one of the world’s foremost classical artist and project management agencies, lasting typically 2 weeks to 3 months, giving experience across a number of our busy departments including Artist Management, Tours & Projects, Marketing and Business & Administration. Whilst we do not have any current openings, we are happy to keep applications on file.
When available placements arise, these are offered to enthusiastic candidates who already have a demonstrable knowledge of and passion for classical music and the arts, who are keen to take the first steps towards a career in arts management and who ideally already have some work experience in an office environment.
The placement will give the successful candidate the opportunity to gain insight and experience within a dynamic arts environment, to learn about the arts business from our highly experienced staff, and to build contacts in the arts world.
HarrisonParrott work placements are paid at national minimum wage rates. Contact: Nina Hammarberg at firstname.lastname@example.org