Assistant Artist Manager
We are recruiting for an Assistant Artist Manager, to support two Associate Directors and two Artist Managers in managing and developing the careers of a list of artists. The role will provide highly effective and efficient administration in all aspects of the engagements (including concerts and recordings) of a number of the company’s artists.
You will need to:
- have at least eighteen months experience in a relevant and related area of the classical music business with direct experience including scheduling and organising travel arrangements
- demonstrate that you have excellent organisational skills, with the ability to manage and prioritise a large number of varied tasks with multiple deadlines
- be quick, efficient and able to work under pressure
- possess excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- possess strong attention to detail
- demonstrate that you are a good and willing team player
- have a good knowledge of and active interest in classical music, preferably with a music degree
- have excellent IT skills including a high level of proficiency in Microsoft Outlook
It would also be an advantage if you have a good working knowledge of either German or Italian.
For further details please click on the job description below.
To apply, please send your covering letter, CV, application form and equal opportunities form to Katie Cardell-Oliver: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for completed applications is 9am, Thursday 1 May 2014.
From time to time, HarrisonParrott offers work experience placements within one of the world’s foremost classical artist and project management agencies, lasting typically 2 weeks to 3 months, giving experience across a number of our busy departments including Artist Management, Tours & Projects, Marketing and Business & Administration. Whilst we do not have any current openings, we are happy to keep applications on file.
When available placements arise, these are offered to enthusiastic candidates who already have a demonstrable knowledge of and passion for classical music and the arts, who are keen to take the first steps towards a career in arts management and who ideally already have some work experience in an office environment.
The placement will give the successful candidate the opportunity to gain insight and experience within a dynamic arts environment, to learn about the arts business from our highly experienced staff, and to build contacts in the arts world.
HarrisonParrott work placements are paid at national minimum wage rates. Contact: Katie Cardell-Oliver at email@example.com